Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bird poll.



I am having some trouble figuring out the best way to paint a bird which, when viewed close up, is primarily paint and, while bird-like, is not definitive and is still open to interpretation. Here are two of them i have done in the last two days. Both work from far back, so I just need to nail down how I want the up close inspection to read. If you guys have opinions on which fits my qualifications better, let me know.



This is an owls leg which I painted today and am very happy with. So happy, I was afraid to continue!


This is a picture of some branches which I painted for the owls. I did two of them, and I painted my owl's leg today on the other one. I really like the way these are as is, and I want a little more experience with what I am doing before I risk ruining them.

No comments: