Friday, August 1, 2008

Octopus, Octopus




Last night I watched a Jaques Cousteau film called Octopus, Octopus. Such a weird thing, cause it's not scientific in the least-- most of it is just cousteau spouting off a bunch of his own semi-poetic bullshit to footage of divers bothering otherwise complacent octopi. Some important things I learned-- octopi don't have nests, or dens, but they have "homes". I don't necessarily trust that, but I like it. In fact, I couldn't help but like the whole film, because Cousteau seemed genuinely exhuberant and excited about how BIZAARE the octopi were, despite the fact that he generally didn't seem to know what he was talking about. But then, neither do I! I took photos, some of which are , I think, very beautiful.


"Octopus, Octopus...... your children are dying"

No comments: