Sunday, July 6, 2008

New Summer Things...



Hey! I've been busy teaching kids, and painting something else for a show of some of the war paintings from last fall that's going to be in Rockford, IL in August. But in the meantime, I'm still really into deep sea creatures, and I've been watching a whole bunch of nature show type documentaries. The other night, I took the photo above of the tv! It's an octopus fighting with a crab, and I think it is very beautiful. It reminds me of a salad, or a delicately violent little flemish still life, like the one above by Nicolaes van Veerendael (17th Century).

That's what I'm into right now. Also, I have an apartment in Minneapolis! Garfield and 24tth, right in the middle of everything. So great.




1 comment:

summersfullofgreen said...

jb jb jb! your apartment, according to google maps, is 27 minutes away from my house. and also really easy to find. and also in a really fun area. i am so pumped!

also, i miss you and the sears portrait studio snaps made me miss you more. i am hoping that my letter got to you ok and that i haven't heard from you much because you are too busy having a lot of fun with babies all summer? if you wouldn't mind sending an e-mail sometime, though, i'd like that a whole lot.